Photos related to sysadmining and post-apocalyptic recovery

Hey folks, calling all photographers with extensive collections here :)

I'm working on a prospectus document for a new round of GNOME sysadmin
sponsorship/funding, and I thought I would include a "before vs after"
section. But just having text for that would probably not be as striking
as I would like.

I'm thinking of having at least a picture or two to illustrate the
"post-apocalyptic wasteland" vs "stuff runs like clockwork" argument.
Have any of you taken cool pictures that could fit this mental imagery?
Or should I try my luck fishing the Commons or going urbanex in
Montréal?

Of course, if you have imagery (or contents) suggestions for the
document as a whole, don't hesitate. For one thing, I'm wondering about
what perks we should offer and if there should be such a thing as
predefined sponsorship "levels". If some of you want to help out more
extensively with this document, let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff