Re: 3.16 Release Promotion

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I think Oliver wanted to do Facebook and manage it wholly, in the sense that
it isn't linked to twitter.
Yeah I'm interested in this and are doing some efforts in the area,
that said I think we are lacking some material right now to make the
page really stand out.

Do we need to think about coordination? Is it enough that
those managing the social media channels keep an eye on what each
other are doing? I'm particularly mindful of the release here, since
it is good to have a steady stream of messages going out, to build up
excitement. That requires a little bit of planning.
Very much agree here. This also why I think it would be good if we
could have a team meeting in the near future to discuss this. Would
actually want us to have a wider discussion about the future direction
of our social media efforts.

Is anyone interested in helping out with the press release for 3.16?
The main thing we need is someone to do the leg work in collecting
quotes.

Well it is usually myself and Karen.  But happy to let someone else obtain
quotes.  Who is up for that?
Are happy to give it a try.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst