Re: Opportunity with Autmotive Linux

On 07/07/2015 04:48 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
You guys might have recalled the keynoe from Nathan last year regarding
the Tizen stack.  If you read this article:
http://lwn.net/Articles/646930/

You can see that AGL is working on their own distro based on Tizen-IVI.
Now, if you recall there are a lot of GNOME components that are included
in Tizen-IVI, and I think we have an opportunity.  While Tizen was
really about HTML5 applications, car manufacturers want to write native
apps.  If we can send someone to an automotive conference to talk about
the GNOME stack, I think we could really make a difference and take
GNOME into some cool places.

After all, what would a stripped down GNOME environment for a car look
like? That would be pretty interesting.. I would love to see a GSOC
project for this.

Depending on timing and such, it would be something I'm capable of. I
have a bunch of experience rebuilding cars too.

-- Christian