Re: Can we use this logo?

> I don't think it makes a difference, trademark wise.
> In my oppinion it'd be easier for us to grant you a license if you use a modified
> logo as it's harder for people to mistake it for the real GNOME logo.

That's totally okay, I will send you our potential logo by next week!

Thank you for your fast response!

- alex

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi :)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:17:50AM +0200, alex diavatis wrote:
> I think I cover many of the above cases ;)

Heh. That's cool!

> In particular I want to use it
>
> 1. For wogue.org and worldofgnome.org blog as logo
> 2. In crowdfunding campaigns
> 3. As logo in Google Logins for two services
Yeah, you might need a license then.
We should discuss that on the next board meeting.
Let's hope that people who have more question on the use
chime in now so that we can vote on the meeting.

> I realize that I can't use the GNOME-Foot, so my question here is if I can
> use it slightly modified. A foot that looks like "G".
I don't think it makes a difference, trademark wise.
In my oppinion it'd be easier for us to grant you a license if you use a modified
logo as it's harder for people to mistake it for the real GNOME logo.

Cheers,
  Tobi