Re: Next meeting Wednesday 11 of June 19:00 UTC

I'm overdue for getting some interview questions to Chris DiBona, as I've mentioned a couple of times in #engagement.

I thought it would be nice to do a little interview that features a sponsor of both OPW and GNOME, and Chris was very happy to accommodate.

Anyway, I'm not the best at coming up with these questions (and I always leave off the fun ones that Flavia is really good at!) but here's an attempt...

Any suggestions?

Google has been a longstanding supporter of OPW and one of the first funders that supported the program generally (as opposed to just interns for a particular participating organizations). Why is it important to you and to Google to support the program?

As you know, OPW was in large part inspired by GSoC. We know that Google is doing its own outreach to include women and other underrepresented groups in GSoC and Google Code-In - what have you found to be the most effective?

Marina and Karen have both appeared in a Google Women Techmaker series to talk about OPW, which was a great platform to spread the word about the program. What kinds of initiatives do you think we'll see in the future?

Google has been a member of GNOME's advisory board for quite a while (thank you!), what do you like best about GNOME (or GNOME technologies)?