Re: GNOME's own pod

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:40:18PM +0530, Sindhu S wrote:
> From engagement point of view, we have only to gain with extending our
> community :)

And you would have to explain why we support Twitter, Facebook, and Google, but not
our own Diaspora instance.

We support those mediums to reach out to audience that is not familiar
with free software alternatives to proprietary social networks or even not ready yet to make the jump. I am not asking we leave twitter, facebook or Google+, its good to have our presence there but its equally good to support another FOSS community and thus extend our own :)

Given the use of mobile devices, more and more people are aware of instant messaging, social networks. Even in GNOME desktop, we support this with gnome-online-accounts. Using a diaspora like alternative for a layman and learning that its a free alternative to facebook, could be their first step in choosing freedom :)