Re: our story for html5

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
There are two aspects to this, I suppose: 1. use of GNOME technologies
in whatever products these people are making, and 2. GNOME as a
development environment.
Regarding 1, it would be interesting to know the potential for
developers to use GNOME libraries in mobile or web apps. I have to
confess that I don't know a huge amount about this, but I'd love to
know more. It would also be good to know what the competition are in
this space.
I'm sure Web/WebKitGTK+ hackers know  more about this subject, would
be great if we could include them in this conversation.

One thing to check on here is what developer tools/platforms are being
used, and whether they are available for GNOME. Again, this would be a
good subject for some research.
+1

Even if we were just to talk about development of html5 applications
on GNU/Linux and/or GNOME, I'm not well aware of good applications
that can do that.  Suggestions? ...
Again browsers have these days have pretty sophisticated built in web
developer tools, although it may not cover all needs or be enough for
everyone.

My impression is that a lot of web developers are using editors like
Sublime Text nowadays.
Right that's, why its relevant to point to Atom [1] [2] [3].

1 https://atom.io/
2 https://github.com/atom/atom
2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_%28text_editor%29
--