Writing college newspaper article on FOSS/proprietary ethics

I've been looking into GNOME promotion on campus, which has lead to an article for the campus newspaper.

The nature of the article itself might change, but at this current point, it appears to be about ethical concerns over the use of proprietary software vs free and open source software, tied into the Windows/Adobe promotion and exclusivity on campus.

If any of you would be up to a short email or phone interview (phone would be preferable, but email is still acceptable considering the time zone differences many of us have) over the ethical upsides/downsides of FOSS software versus proprietary software and opinions about campus proprietary exclusivity, feel free to get into contact with me. My availability is somewhat limited due to internet issues on my end, but I'll try my best to get back to you as soon as I can.