Re: Logo Usage Guidelines

Hi,

There was a problem with the link to the new page. This is now:

http://www.gnome.org/logo-and-trademarks/

Allan

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
GNOME's logo usage guidelines are really out of date, and they are
kept in a standard wiki page [1], which can be edited by pretty much
anyone. This isn't good considering that we rely on these guidelines
to enforce the GNOME trademarks.

I've recently done a bit of work to try and resolve this. There's a
new draft page on gnome.org [2] which details our logo usage
guidelines and which allows people to download the logos. These
guidelines are up to date, and the ability to edit them is restricted.
I'd like to replace the current brand guidelines [1] wiki page with
it.

Let me know if you have any objections or suggestions. Otherwise, I
will Just Do It.

I like it! I'd just move the link to the official third party guidelines
up from the "Questions" section to the end of the "Third Party Usage" one.

Thanks for cleaning this up!!

Somewhat embarrassingly, I just realised that I never actually
finished this work. Anyway, I've done it now. The new page [1] is
live, and the old page [2] points to it.

Also note that the materials that were on the old page have been moved
to the archive section [3] of our ownCloud instance.

I think we should also link to the new page from the gnome.org footer
or from the Foundation page...

Allan

[1] http://www.gnome.org/logo-trademarks/
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines