Re: Revisiting rewards for the FoG campaigns

Hola! :)

On 10.12.2012 23:26, Juanjo Marín wrote:
Well, I think that the percentage of each category in the previous FoG is good to know in order to evaluate
if we must change the categories. Also, if possible, the aritmethic mean of each category can help
I have attached the donations for the years, 2010-2011 and 2012.
The data is a bit unclean in the sense that there are more donations
which are not tracked, i.e. some money went directly to a11y, some
payments came by cheque which are not respected here. And for 2012, the
December was not in the CSV file with the raw data. So probably the
busiest month is not counted in the data, that I provide here, either.

It took me already so long to get you this data and I don't have time to
make it look nice, i.e. provide statistics. But the data is sufficient
to create those, I hope.

Also attached is data about the origin of the donations, in percent. Not
every country is there. Only those who contributed more than 0.5% should
be listed.

We see that the majority of our donations comes from Europe, probably
from people having a bank (and paypal) account in EUR rather than USD.
We, however, accept money in USD via paypal only. In order to optimise
our costs, we should look into how to receive money in EUR. It should be
straight forward to make the Paypal donations arrive in EUR if the donor
has a EUR account.

Cheers,
  Tobi