Re: Community Teams

On mar, 2013-12-03 at 12:28 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
As mentioned in the other answers, I don't think that "Clan" is the,
right word. It sounds restrictive and closed, rather than welcoming.
And
it brings memories of people playing Diablo in groups in my teenage
years:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_(computer_gaming)

Cheers

I don't thing too "clan" is the right word. I like "user group", On
chile for example for GNOME Chile we are using "user group", It is more
common to recognize, and fine to me.
Too, in Chile the word clan as say Bastian is related with computer
gaming, but too has a bad connotation (is not my impression, I asked
people in my work), an exaggerated example, but valid "clan steals
cars".

introduce as part of the "clan GNOME Chile", your first impression is
not good for new users or people don't know GNOME. This is the case of
Chile.

Cheers.

Fabio