Re: News Story Ideas

On Thu, April 25, 2013 5:11 am, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

During the last marketing meeting I said that I'd mail the list with
some ideas for news stories to be written over the summer. This is it.
:)

 * GTK Hackfest - we just had it; it would be great to have a summary
for gnome.org
 * A 3.8 retrospective - once 3.8 hits the distros it would be great
to have another round of marketing around the new release. This could
be a re-hash of the existing marketing materials, and it could include
comments or interviews with people who are using 3.8 (ideally saying
what they like about it).
 * A "looking forward to 3.10" piece - the feature proposals are in
and give an idea about what we'll be releasing in October. It might be
nice to have a post about that.

I'd also love to get something up on the cross desktop summit that just
happened.

In addition to these, we have lots of events coming up that we should
be covering...

 * Google Summer of Code and Outreach Program for Women summer
internships (June to September) - we should have posts at the
beginning and end of the internship period. We could also have other
feature pieces over the summer.
 * Marketing Hackfest (probably beginning of June)
 * OpenHelp Documentation Hackfest (mid-June)
 * Board of Directors elections (not sure when that will be)
 * GUADEC (beginning of August) - we should have a whole series of
posts leading up to and during this. Interviews with keynote speakers
and conference organisers would be good here.

there's GNOME.Asia and the "Boston" Summit too.

karen

I'm sure there's plenty of other things that we could have as news
stories. Anyone got any other ideas?