Re: Microblogging Workflow

Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
I really need a way to schedule
microblogging posts.
This leaves two options that I can see:

1. Change our workflow so that we publish posts on Twitter and push
them to Identi.ca from there. Then use a Twitter client with
scheduling capabilities.

2. Use the gnome.org Wordpress install to schedule microblogging posts
and push them to Twitter.
This sounds like a good plan to me - is it easy to use the Wordpress install
in that way? I think it would be worth the inconvenience to be able to do
this. I'm not a microblogger by nature, but it's really important we have
that kind of content out there (and I usually think of things to microblog
long after they're relevant, and think darn...)

I've tried a couple of Wordpress plugins for posting to Identi.ca, but
these are generally focused on sending updates when you publish a blog
post, and none of them really fitted the bill. Identi.ca itself does
have a feature that allows you to generate messages from an RSS/Atom
feed (which we could generate using Wordpress), but the feature isn't
working for me, for some reason.

I'm also starting to think that using Wordpress as a microblogging
platform is just wrong. :)

The only thing I've found which is able to do what we need is
Tweetdeck. I'd be really happy to use that on a shared GNOME account.

IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/