Re: GNOME FOSDEM Stand

Bonjour,

On 15.02.2012 02:24, Tobias Mueller wrote:
I don't know the shipping costs, but Doree might (CCed). So an
interesting question is, whether a PC with LCD panel and peripheral
devices is more expensive than shipping the box forth and back.
Let's assume the LCD Panel costs 75 Euros¹, the PC ~250 Euros² and the
periphery 15 Euros³. Make the prints cost 100 Euros and add another 70
Euros for the overhead and we're at 500 Euros.
Doree: How is that in relation to the shipping costs?

Having the box doing a round trip costs ~180 Euros (126 GBP to European
money is 150 Euros, plus 20% VAT makes 180).
So we can have the box shipped two times forth and back before we spent
more money than actually buying new stuff.

I haven't really thought about it, but it seems as if it might make
sense to not ship the box often but have a separate action kit instead.
Especially for recurring events like FOSDEM and potentially LinuxTag.

I guess it's up to the board to decide whether this is useful
information and requires any further action.

Cheers,
  Tobi