Re: 3.4 Release Notes

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 19:59 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
I was thinking of switching from Docbook to Mallard for 3.6 (I didn't
have time to prepare this for 3.4 already).
The advantages of "GNOME 3 page style" are unclear to me currently,

Advantages of moving over to using Wordpress for the release notes
(that I can think of):

 1. The notes will be on gnome.org rather than under
library.gnome.org/misc (why are the notes for our new release in a
'library'? why are they 'miscellaneous'?)

 2. Avoid the bookishness of the format (sub-headings everywhere,
boxes of links interrupting the flow of the document), which is rather
stilted.

 3. Allow embedding of richer media, such as lightboxes, image
galleries and videos.

 4. Allow flexible design, facilitating a more stylish and attractive layout.

 5. Allow division of the notes into separate pages, rather than being
a single *huge* page.

Apart from point 1 and maybe partially point 4:  Isn't this all also
fixable by just switching from Docbook to Mallard? :)

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper