Re: SELF

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <a11yrocks bryen com> wrote:
On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 13:19 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
The southwest is not particularly have a lot of free software people
in desktop.   We seem to be concentrated in Boston and Europe.
Portland of course has some middleware people but the only number of
GNOMErs is maybe Vancouver.

With all due respect, I think this is not an effective way to market
GNOME.  GNOME is a global effort and needs to be seen visibly in as many
places as it should.  If we're only visible at places where it is
heavily-populated by GNOMEies, then we're just preaching to the choir.

We shouldn't just give up on regions where we don't seem to have
presence, but rather increase our focus on such regions.

If the Southeast is particularly quiet, that's all the more reason to go
to SELF and be visible.  If we cannot set up a booth and send
ambassadors there, then perhaps what we can/should do is organize or
give tips on how to organize a GNOME Meetup at as many locations as
possible.   How many other Jason Rowe's are going to SELF?

I'll be at SELF, but working the openSUSE booth.  And FYI, KDE will also
have a booth there.   I assumed, wrongly, that GNOME was going to have a
booth there.  :-/

Bryen