Re: GNOME News

Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
The main goal of the schedule (and the editorial team) is to ensure
that posts are fairly evenly spaced. We don't want too many posts at
the same time, and we need to avoid having lengthy dry periods.

This sounds great! We could perhaps evaluate some of the GUADEC materials
for articles that are not time sensitive (interviews and the like) so we
have a backlog of materials to fall back on during drier times - that's
how I got my oggcast going with Bradley the first year. Jos and I wrote
some materials at DS last year, but they didn't go that far.

Yep, we should definitely review existing material for potential posts.

Using a Google Doc for a rough schedule so as to ensure that we do
have content during the 'dead' periods between releases, conferences,
etc does make sense. I'd be happy to be an editor/reviewer on the site
as I have been doing for the past week or so now. So far its been
great, and everyone I've heard from seems to enjoy them.

Great - it would be fantastic to have you working on this.

So great, thank you Emily!!! Are there downsides to using piratepad or
something like that?

I don't particularly trust Piratepad for long-term storage... either
way, the main thing we need is something where we can see if there
have been updates, or even get notifications. Can we do that with a
private part of the wiki, perhaps? Or perhaps we can do it in
Wordpress itself...

I haven't yet committed to any BOF, so the 1st sounds fine to me. What
time?

It'll be the final day; we ought to make sure that people will be
around before making definite arrangements. But maybe 11am would be
good?

I think I'll have to leave before then, but if this time works for
everyone else I'll try to meet up with folks before then during the
conference to chip in.

OK, let's see if we can organise something during the conference itself.