Re: OSCON

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 17:16 -0800, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
I manned the GNOME booth at OSCON for 3 years.  It just seems that the
participants there are not really interested in Linux desktops in
general.  They are all cloud/web apps type of people.

The booth would have to be focused on applications or integration with
cloud, a11y, or online services to get traction IMHO.  A booth for the
sake of just showing a GNOME desktop is not very inspiring or useful.

sri

Well yes.  In general, when planning for a booth (or even presentations
at an event) you should study the event itself and make your materials
match the audience there to some degree.   Just showing up with a
standard booth without any prior consideration makes for a rather
ineffective investment.

In the case of OSCON, my understanding is that it is more
developer-oriented.  So the booth should likely focus on how to attract
developers to GNOME whatnot, and the examples you provide above as well.

Generally, I find "X is great!" to be rather limiting.  We're more than
just awesome.  :-)

Bryen