Re: Selling Gnome Stuffs and copyrights

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:27 AM, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I have a friend that runs a store with clothes and accessories, and he told be if we could make an online store and sell t-shirts (and other things) with open source
logos on them.

As I have seen many stores to do this, my question is: Do you need any "rights" to sell for example a t-shirt with Gnome logo on it?
Obviously, that applies for more logos from other organizations, but I am staring from Gnome.

Hi Alex,

Yes, you do need permission to use the GNOME logo.  You can probably mail the board for permission to do so.
sri

Thank you
- alex