Re: Website(s) todo list

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Brian Cameron wrote:

While foundation.gnome.org is looking much better, it seems really hard
to find pages like:

http://www.gnome.org/foundation/governance/
http://www.gnome.org/foundation/membership/

I don't agree with you here, the 'membership' page is definitely not
hard to find, it has two links on the homepage, but I would love
having a sidebar with all the available pages under the /foundation
hood. (like we do on [1] for example)

http://www.gnome.org/foundation/finance/
http://www.gnome.org/foundation/reports/
https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard

And the voting section used to be part of fgo, but seems unlinked at
all from the fgo pages.  The voting section still seems to use the
old look and feel but is not listed on the TODO page:

http://vote.gnome.org/

The vote area had to remain at its old place for many reasons, one of
them is the fact we don't have a ready voting platform available
elsewhere. As I outlined many times, the plan is to integrate it into
Mango (not the one we know, but the django version, which is a
work-in-progress), so I'm not sure whether we should spend time
designing a new voting area at this moment of time. (it has to be said
that the Mango re-design will take ages cause Jeff Schroeder's busy
times)

It would be a big plus if the Board could start discussing a renewed
voting system or platform, the one we use is really outdated.

cheers,

Andrea

[1] http://www.gnome.org/foundation/governance