Fwd: [gnome.org #12283] Re: Storing marketing materials

Forwarding Jeff's mail.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Schroeder via RT <accounts gnome org>
Date: Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Subject: [gnome.org #12283] Re: Storing marketing materials
To: allanpday gmail com

On Mon Nov 14 08:51:50 2011, allanpday gmail com wrote:
...snip...
I'd prefer to host on GNOME infrastructure if I can. I can see a few
issues there though:

1) No GUI way to download the repository as a tarball

2) I don't want it to be slow to give new people accounts

3) Will the accounts team / sysadmin be happy to give git accounts to
people who might have no knowledge of git and are solely accessing the
repository through Sparkleshare?

No, I'm afraid this is not ok. The way GNOME git currently works, if
you have a git account, you have full
commit access to every repository. As a result, we tend to only
approve git accounts of proved developers /
translators and not $RANDOM_PERSON. Can you go over the expected
workflow for all of this?

1 maybe isn't a deal breaker. 2 depends on quite how long it currently
takes. 3... well we need to hear from the concerned parties (cc'd).

ccing gnome-infrastructure-list@

--
Jeff Schroeder
http://www.digitalprognosis.com