Re: marketing hackfest?

On Wed, November 2, 2011 8:50 am, Allan Day wrote:
2011/11/2 Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es>:

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Karen Sandler <karen gnome org>
Para: marketing-list gnome org
CC:
Enviado: martes 1 de noviembre de 2011 5:28
Asunto: marketing hackfest?

It's starting to look like there are a few different hackfests
scheduled
in Brno in February (the 17-21). Should we try to schedule a marketing
hackfest then too? We have quite a lot that we need to work on, and
meeting face-to-face would surely get us jumpstarted. The marketing
tasks
we have to tackle are important enough that I think we could apply to
the
board for some travel sponsorships. What do you think?

It's a good idea, provided we can get enough contributors to go. I'll
check my availability.

Actually, it sounds like Brno might not be available with the other
hackfests already being scheduled there and space contsraints. But if we
agree we'd like to organize a hackfest and figure out who would likely
attend we can nail down where and when.

I do think that February is a good time to do it. We should avoid
conflicting with FOSDEM, but we could also schedule right around it if
that would help.
karen