Re: New GNOME.Asia Summit website launched

Dear Richard,

Thanks for the feedback, I launched the site on Sunday night at 3am and my phone line has been cut Monday morning at around 8am (they are "working" on the line...). While I've been hoping and fighting to get it back I finally had to resolve myself to go out and find a place with free Internet. I actually wanted to make changes (there was/are still a few other mistakes). And this is when my laptop fan died preventing my pc to start... we have a French expression for that which would translate into something like 'when it rains, it pours'.

So 3 days later I still have no convenient Internet connection, but a brand new fan landed in my laptop chassis. I'm catching up...

While I think you have a strong point about the missing message about GNOME and free software I believe a lot of people outside of the US (at least) use the expression 'Open Source' as a synonym of Free Software. I prefer to unite the potentially "2 communities" (assuming they are split). And I dislike FLOSS as a term: I read LOSS in it (the fully worded version is way too long for my taste as well). Since I'm writing some of the text on the site, I get to pick ;-)

Now I'll review your comments and make improvements. I would be happy to hear how you would advertise in 4/5 words the session where we're trying to encourage local IT services companies to embrace free software and show them that they can run a business around it?

So thanks a lot. I'll post on the list when changes are made.

Fred