Re: Fallback / Classic Mode

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 07:15, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
In terms of marketing, I'm not sure it makes sense to be targeting these
kinds of users right now. In the longer term, it would be useful to see
wider discussion about GNOME's approach to these kinds of technical
environments.

I buy that, but I think it's important that we have a "who is GNOME 3
*not* for (yet)" which covers audiences for whom GNOME 3 is not
appropriate. And we need to have a story for them - such as "we
recommend you stick with GNOME 2.32 for another 6 months", or whatever.

There are no Enterprise distributions due out until at least the GNOME
3.4 time frame so please let's focus on what we actually need to focus
on right now: the 3.0 launch.