Re: Video #2 RFC

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:46:50PM -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
On Mar 19, 2011 11:37 PM, "Olav Vitters" <olav vitters nl> wrote:
==> 1.4 GB in 31 days max

I am guessing you provided these numbers to help guide our bandwidth
consumption? It is my intention to only use people.g.o for collaboration on

Yes, but only marginally interested in that. I was just wondering how
popular these .webm files are and if we should set something up.

Thought you'd be interested in the amount of hits we've got for
something which wasn't even announced. Webalizer is broken unfortunately
and you cannot determine it from that jaavscript webstat thing.

All bandwidth is free for GNOME btw (sponsored). Just that it seems we
have a limited bandwidth from Red Hat (seemed slow to download the file
from .nl).

this mailing list; I don't intend to post it to my blog or to use this
server for gnome3.org. Our plan is to use the GNOME YouTube account for
that.

No worries. I don't think we could host it ourselves. But if there is a
need, the infrastructure should follow / be fixed to handle it.

Do you have a recommendation for another place to collaborate?

Recommendation: Just keep using it.

In future I think we should have multiple mirrors and perhaps make it
more easy to share .webm files. But not sure if we're setup for that
(hard drive space, backup space, webserver which doesn't bog down when
we get a few hits, etc). Tar files are no problem, but keeping .webm
files for 10+ years is not something that was considered. Anyway, just
wondering how to prioritise infrastructure stuff.

--
Regards,
Olav