Re: Any Shared Slides - "New Features for GNOME 3.0"

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
I really don't think the history is what is interesting to folks.

They want to know what it is now.

When a new president stands up, he doesn't talk about all the previous
presidents, he talks about what he's going to do.

That's a nice parallel.

When a new president stands up, he will usually begin by appealing to
common values - "our forefathers..." and all that. Not history, but
culture & tradition. When announcing new stuff, it is usually in the
context of a holistic vision - continuing the work of the past, making
vision become a reality. That is the call to the past which I'd like to see.

As I said, "what *is* GNOME" (not what was) is what people are
interested in. And the cultural process & values that brought us here is
valuable in that context.

Cheers,
Dave.

--