GNOME Speakers and goodies - MOSC2011

Hi Vincent, hi all,

We are informed that there will be a conference in Malaysia named MOSC2011 (3-5 July, 2011), the organizer is asking us if we can send them some GNOME related goodies e.g. dvds, stickers, tshirts to distribute in their conference bags.They target to have 300 participants. So the quantity will be 300 pcs each. For less and more value goodies, they will distribute them through questionnaires or lucky draw. Please let me know if you have any to give away.

Besides, they want us to provide speakers to talk about how to develop GNOME (app) for newbies (beginners) and a brief introduction of the GNOME community.  Other topics can be proposed by the community as well. I am asking Bharath (based in Bangalore, India) to see if he has time to go, otherwise, if you are interested or you have anybody in mind to recommend, please let us know. The organizer can provide 2 - 3 nights of hotel for accommodation. Thanks!

Conference name:
MOSC2011 <http://www.mosc.my>

Location: Malaysia
Bayview Beach Resort, Batu Ferringi, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
http://www.mosc.my/venue

Date:
July 3-5 , 2011

Theme:
Innovating The Change

What's the purpose / objectives?

The objective for this years focus more on technical and want the participant know more on how (free and) open source project are develop and running. We want our participant to be developer or programmer rather to be end user. Create something innovative and new idea on open source project that can be use for (free and) open source community. Part of it we collaborate with LPI, Novell, BSDA and Redhat regarding certification. We want our community are certified and to become professional rather just put open source project just a hobby but ready for be competitor & survival on IT world.

Confirmed speakers:
CEO LPI Jim Lacey, Instructor from KOHA community Irma Birchall (Australia) & Robin Sheat (New Zealand), Gen Kanai (Mozilla), Cecil Su (OWASP), Patrick Beaucamp (France), Ryusuke Kajiyama (Oracle) and local speakers and special invitation Ritzatuddin Ramli Director UNIK (National  Innovation Agency under Prime Minister Office).
Who will attend (as participants): Government staff, Lecturer/student and open source community

For more details of the event, please visit <http://www.mosc.my>, please also feel free to ask questions as I also copied the organizer in this email.

Cheers,
Pockey