Re: Questions about FoG and campaigns

To re-inforce and make it a bit more clear what my intentions were
with my email:

I need the input from the marketing team in order to create a roadmap
of activities and milestones for the FoG campaigns this year. The way
I see it, I'd like to have not one but a few thematic campaigns spread
across the year in order to support the many different projects of
GNOME. For instance, I'd like to have a campaign to support the
accessibility crew right off the bat, following it with another
campaign to support the docs guys.

A possible solution for supporting these different projects may be to
ask the Board to provide earmarking for them but I feel that this
would be too cumbersome to handle for a variety of reasons. Obviously,
if the Board decides to allow earmarking then we don't need campaigns
but I feel that people would donate more willing-fully if there is a
very specific reason behind it.

Since we last spoke at last year's Boston Summit I felt that people
didn't make their priority to deliver what they had promised. Now,
obviously being the end of the year I understand that people were
already spread thin but our end of year campaign suffered when not all
the moving parts came together on time. So going forward, I want to
schedule campaigns a few months in advance so that we can all have
enough time to work on our tasks. Would 6-month campaigns give enough
time to deliver a well oiled campaign? I believe that there are
already plans to do a campaign for buying hardware (sysadmin) and
another one for a11y. We could also do one for the Women's Outreach
program, so... should we extend the current campaign until June and
then do back-to-back-to-back campaigns for them? That would give us 5
months to work on them and make sure everything is ready.

What do you guys think?
--
Og B. Maciel
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors