I think the next step is starting to give them materials and info and starting discussions about how to present it. And making sure they are aware of the important things that are happening.

I also wanted to invite some mentors and some additional people.

Stormy

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah panix com> wrote:
As I catch up on marketing email:

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:06:41 +0000
From: Allan Day<allanpday gmail com>
To: marketing-list gnome org
Subject: 3.0 Marketing Schedule

* GNOME Ambassadors - what is happening with this? What would it involve
in the context of the 3.0 campaign? If it definitely isn't going to
happen in time for 3.0, I'd prefer to remove it from the schedule.

As far as I am aware, nothing is happening with GNOME Ambassadors.  I was to lead it last year and then I flaked out due to a family emergency.  Stormy, Vincent, & others & I developed the idea during the May marketing hackfest in Zaragoza, and I still think it would be worthwhile, but yeah, there's no time between now and GNOME 3's launch.

The page is

http://live.gnome.org/Ambassadors

and, like Stormy, I do think it would be a valuable goal to develop more quality speakers for GNOME within the next few years.  I'd be willing to lead an IRC meeting next week to discuss further; say, Tuesday the 15th, or Wed. or Thurs.?  I've set up a Doodle time poll:

http://www.doodle.com/7qetmix3ivuiuazh

Agenda:

Looking over a schedule, to be sent out as soon as I edit it
Naming some candidates
Naming potential mentors

Should be maybe 20-30 minutes.

-Sumana Harihareswara