Re: contract marketing position

Stephen:

On 02/ 7/11 11:34 AM, Stephen Zablotny wrote:
I have been reviewing the various threads on the marketing list and
website with regards to applying
for the marketing materials production contract and I have a few questions.
1. who would be the contact person/s for the project info and final
approval of the new materials

The GNOME Foundation board of directors.  Also, I am sure that the
GNOME Marketing team will be involved with reviewing work done.

2. is there an anticipated list of deliverables or will that evolve as
part of the project scope

There are a number of tasks that need to be done.  You can refer to the
GNOME 3.0 Marketing Roadmap here:

  http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/MarketingRoadmap

You can see that there are many tasks that do not even yet have an
owner.  This contract will likely not be able to address all of these
issues, so during the interview process we will need to work to find
the candidate who can best step in and get needed things done.

3. is the a strategic overall marketing plan in place with specific
goals or is that another aspect of the project definition

Does the above roadmap help?  Also refer here:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/ThreePointZero

A. the emphasis for this project, I assume, would be the launch of gnome3

Right.

4. is there a source file or asset management system for text, images,
graphics that have used/approved for marketing efforts

I believe most materials are referenced here on the Wiki:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketingMaterial

Brian