Re: Update and further action items on GNOME 3.0 launch parties

On 02/02/2011 03:26 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Frederic Muller<fredm gnome org>  wrote:
5. Local dispatch: in order to save courier fee, we are looking for
volunteers in different regions to help to dispatch goodies packages and
send them out in their region.
Task owners:
  - USA: Brian
  - Asia: Emily
  - Europe: we need someone, any takers?
  - Other places such as Central and Latin American: what's the recommended
local dispatch location?

I *think* that postage costs are high enough in South América to
prefer producing in each location, plus customs is usually picky.
We planned to send a few t-shirts, 20 balloons, 20 stickers and 10 button badges to each organizer, how do you see them producing in each country? :-)

If the courier cost is so high within South America, let's maybe consider to send from China, would you please help to check the courier price to compare?

In China, shipping price list can be accessed at http://www.ems-tracking.net/tools/international-ems-price-list.html , we will get ~ 65% off.

Let's take "Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Guyana, Mexico, Panama, Peru" as an example:

if each package weight's 2.5 kgs, it will cost 34 USD / package if we ship from China to the above countries.

Regarding customs, we need to send each contact emails to ask for special signs to put on the packages for custom purpose. Thanks for reminding!

- Pockey