Re: Marketing Accessibility

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Bryen M Yunashko <a11yrocks bryen com>
Para: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>
CC: Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es>; "joanmarie diggs gmail com" <joanmarie diggs gmail com>;
"apinheiro igalia com" <apinheiro igalia com>; "marketing-list gnome org" <marketing-list gnome org>
Enviado: jueves 25 de agosto de 2011 3:55
Asunto: Re: Marketing Accessibility

Hi!

I have two GNOME A11y Banners that was meant to be used for posting at
accessibility conferences where GNOME has a presence.  one is a wall
banner with the A11y logo and "GNOME Accessibility"  the other is just
the logo and is meant to drape over a table to display the logo in front
of the table.  And I have a stand to hold the wall banner up.

I'll be glad to forward this to whomever wishes to be the banner master.

I had made up some general-purpose flyers (postcard in 5x7 inch size)
and had a bunch left over after the last CSUN conference so I included
it in the event kit.  I believe I sent back around 500 copies.  I hope
they are being stored and put to good use as they are meant to target
non-FOSS oriented audiences.

Awesome !

Both items were created at my personal expense.

Very appreciated !

I'll send the banner
kit to whomever in the United States, but not overseas as its too costly
and actually got held up in Spain for about 6 months in customs because
the other end did not claim it and so I lost a bunch of moola on that
wasted shipping as well.

OK, so shortly I'll ping you about what we can do with this all this good a11y
marketing material.

And there is the GNOME A11y twitter account which is defunct since I am
no longer active in GNOME A11y marketing.

Can you please contact me privately to take charge of this account ?

There is literally a boatload of accessibility fairs and conferences in
the United States alone and if funded, you could keep an A11y
"ambassador" quite busy with travel.   On the downside, these events
are
rather costly to attend as well.  The CSUN conference alone was a $2000
booth charge.  These accessibility shows just don't see things the way
FOSS events see things when it comes to giving non-profits a booth.

So then, it seems we need to check our human and economic resources
for attending A11y fairs and conferences.

Thanks for the first hand info

Cheers,

  -- Juanjo Marin