Re: GNOME 3 DVDs

On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 13:39:31 Simos Xenitellis wrote:
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj novell com> wrote:
On Thursday, April 07, 2011 07:46:29 PM Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 19:32 +0200, Patrick Fey wrote:

Bryen,

Am 07.04.2011 19:22, schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
As I recall, the Ship-it Program sent individual CDs to requesters.
That's not the same issue as what Diego is raising, where shipments
in bulk get flagged by customs because they're seen as shipping
commercial goods for resale.

Canonical also sent out large batches of CDs on request. While I was
at Hamburg university, Canonical would send us large shipments of
64bit CDs of their new release every October to hand out at our
o-week. I have no idea how Canonical got these through customs,
though.

Cheers!

:-) Patrick

Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

Okay so I stand corrected on the assumption of how the Ship-it Program
worked.  :-)   But as openSUSE is donating the DVDs and has experience
in shipping worldwide, I think it would be useful to first ask the
donor how they did/do it and to work out some logistics like Jos
suggested in this thread by splitting up locations where to ship to
and reduce customs overhead there.

I got the following from our US shipment team:

The main statement is (No Commercial Value, Not For Resale). We put the
value of all CD's / DVD's at $0.50 each. We also put in a Harmonized Code
for all items. Also all items must have a Licensing Code.
For the openSUSE 11.4 dvd's we use TSU-5D002.

Is there an update for the availability of the CD/DVDs?

The DVDs have been shipped from Germany last Thursday to 5 different locations
- in France, Germany, US, India and China,

Andreas

Shall we get a page on live.gnome.org to signup for them?

Simos

--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE,  aj {novell com,opensuse.org}
    Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany