Getting some students in communication helping with copywriting & web?

Hi all,

I am involved in a degree program this year in communication & free
software in Lyon.

In short, these students are learning the basics of marketing &
communications, using only free software. So they don't leanr about
graphic design with Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, etc, they use
Pitivi or KDEnlive, thhe GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus, ...

They also have some tutored projects during the year, and I think it
would be good to give them a concrete project related to GNOME's website
or marcomm strategy - perhaps a project to do a marketing plan & execute
on it for our presence in FOSDEM, or something along those lines... I
have a few ideas, but I want to make sure that there is sufficient
mentoring resources available in the marketing team to give regular
feedback & ensure follow-through if I propose this idea to the course
supervisor.

One issue which needs to be thought about is that the class is mostly
French, and has a very varied level of English. We would normally be in
a position to ask for a better English speaker if we have a project
accepted.

So - is there anyone who has a few hours a week to mentor a
communications student & get something useful out of them?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary