Re: Distributing distros under the GNOME Banner

Hi,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I'm thinking LinuxWorld or some Linux Foundation conferences.

We haven't "hit" those (in the sense of an expo stand) for a number of
years, I believe. Ditto OSCON. The biggest conference I can think of
where we have a stand is FOSDEM, and that's a funny beast. GNOME France
also takes a stand for Solutions Linux, and GNOME Deutschland for
LinuxTag, which are bigger industry conferences.

I really liked seeing GNOME at SIGGRAPH a few years back, and like
Stormy I'd like to see us in more general conferences aimed at
government procurement, embedded, accessibility, etc...

Our problem for expo stands has always been manpower. Commercial
partners have not yet ever offered to lend people for a booth (either
technical *or* sales/marketing staff) - if they send people it's to man
*their* booths -  and volunteers need to get to the conference & man a
booth - and put it up & tear it down, with very little means. And if
you're a volunteer attending a conference, chances are you actually want
to attend, not spend 3 days working sales.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary