Re: Urgent - Screenshots needed

On Monday 11 October 2010 18:12:42 Brian Cameron wrote:
One issue that I have noticed with screen shots taken in the past is
that they tend to show off the way GNOME looks in a particular distro
with distro branding, etc.  This is understandable since people taking
screenshots would likely often overlook this as a concern.

However, if we are going to put together some more formal screenshots
to use going forward, then it seems that it would be nice to either:

1) Organize screenshots taken on a variety of distros so that we are
    not seen as favoring one distro over another (even unintentionally).
    This might be cool since we could show off that GNOME is widely
    used across many distributions, but might be more work to organize.

2) Configure the desktop so that distro specific branding is removed
    before taking the screenshots, so it has more of a vanilla (or
    "unbranded") look.

    If we are going to do this, then it would be useful to have some
    guidelines about how to go about taking screenshots for use by
    upstream GNOME.  Such guidelines could include infomration about how
    to reset your desktop configuration to an approved neutral unbranded
    state.  Or do such guidelines already exist somewhere?

In openSUSE you can install either the openSUSE-branding packages or the
upstream-branding. That's how I made a few vanilla GNOME screenshots. By
tomorrow I'll have a space to put 'em and you'll get them. Will be just 3-4
but they might be usable for GNOME.org.

Brian