Re: Marketing tasks for Outreach Program for Women applicants

Hi Bryen,

Thank you for your willingness to be a mentor! Can you please add A11y project to the participating projects
on the wiki?

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010#participating-projects

Is the person who expressed interest in being mentored for an A11y project Izabel Valverde? She talked to me
about her interest in it.

It's possible that you'll be contacted by other candidates if the information about the project is on the
wiki. Would that be ok with you? We'd love to have both A11y marketing and coding be among the participating
projects, so that women can learn about them!

As a mentor you would need to:
1) point the interested candidates to the relevant information and provide them with a simple task that they
can accomplish by October 25, which is the application deadline
2) discuss the possible work with the candidates, so that they will have an idea about what aspects of A11y
they'll work on during their internship. This doesn't need to be a stand-alone project, but rather work that
they will do as part of the team. Starting with smaller tasks and progressing to larger ones.
3) participate in deciding who to accept
4) support and guide the participant accepted for your project during the internship
5) let us know how she is doing with her work at a mid-way point and in the end

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions any time!

Thanks,
Marina