Re: GNOME 3.0 official logo and banners

On 11/15/2010 04:45 PM, Juanjo Marín wrote:
There are some requests in http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/ but they are maked as "open".

There are some suggestions for this material though, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo
but it isn't definitive at all.
Thanks for pointing out those useful info to me!

There are indeed a lot of good ideas already. To match with GNOME 3.0, I like Campaign #1 http://live.gnome.org/GnomeThreeBrainstorming/MarketingCampaign1 (Campaign: Fundamentally Different)

and this logo http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo?action="">

I guess the marketing team should approach the art team for get this done :)
We can discuss a little bit about the message we want on this banners. What the team think ?

As we have been starting to talk to different communities all over the world to promote GNOME 3.0 and ask them to host a launch party locally, yeah, let's discuss now so we can give them logos and banners to post at their websites and link back to our gnome 3.0 page.

Besides, I searched facebook page and there is no gnome 3.0 group yet but found a 1 member group named I hate GNOME 3.0 we need a new desktop environment for linux , so I just started one:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141747095876340&ap=1

(I am not really a fans of facebook but we cannot ignore social network power for marketing...)

Pockey
Cheers,

-- Juanjo Marin