Re: Branding of GNOME-hosted Tomboy Online

I think Shaun has some interesting ideas:

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 09:36 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 07:06 -0800, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
With the understanding that we could always rebrand before this
deployment is open to the public, does anyone take issue with using
the "Tomboy Online" brand as we begin alpha testing?

I would really like to see this be the starting point for
Gnome offering more web services.  I would love to sync
things like my Hamster database or my GTG items.

Well, damn - I don't want to start the whole Roadmap discussion again
that we recently saw on the Foundation list, but this tickles my brain.
With Google SoC coming up, is there any way we can brainstorm in time to
think about what apps might be interesting to extend GNOME Online
Services?  These are really two interesting ideas.  (And I don't have
enough information about what the Abiword team is up to).

If we have multiple services, and you have to sign up,
we certainly don't want people to have to sign up to
each of them separately.  So I'd like us to keep in
mind how this whole system can be extended.

I have no idea what a single sign-on service in the future looks like
nor am I the right person to scope it, but this is something we should
keep in the back of our heads.  How does Snowy / Tomboy Online handle
user logins?  (Probably best to discuss on the Snowy list, but anyway)

On the other hand, we absolutely should not block doing
something useful right now for a grand vision.  We can
grow this in pieces, if we're smart about it.

Agreed - we shouldn't block on this right now.  I personally want to see
Tomboy Online as part of the GNOME 3.0 launch plans and now is go time.

And on another other hand, I don't have any problems
with Tomboy maintaining its own brand in this whole
shebang.

--
Shaun

Paul