Re: Updated Ambassador Brochures

Bharat,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com> wrote:
Hi Folks

Sorry about the delay (but finally I managed to clean them up). Please check out the brochure text / layout (still pending Art work) @:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/ConferenceMaterial/Brochure

This looks pretty good.  I'm not completely sold on the wording of the mission statement, but I don't have a strong opinion either way.  Not enough to try to re-write it anyways. :-)

Need the following feedback:
-------------------
Gnome 3 for Existing Users

1. In the message section we say that we had our last major release 7 years ago. Is that correct?

7 years?  Has it been that long?  How time flies.  I want to say 2002, since it took us till about 2004 to really get the ball going on that release since we were doing a lot of standards work in xdg space. (HAL, dbus etc)

2. Need answer to the following question.
    What do I have to change? (i.e. when Gnome 3 comes out)

-------------------
Gnome 3 for Sponsors

1. Recall the discussion which we had in the recent past about creating multiple layers for sponsors (refer to thread -New donators roles)
I have updated some of that info in this brochure  Gnome 3 for Sponsors 2 - need feedback. (Its a strategic question - not sure if just creating it on a brochure is enough)

Not familiar so I'll skip.

Gnome 3 for Sponsors, does not have the new roles info.

2. getgnome3.org site is not up yet? Any update.

3. Are we allowed to use firm logos, what type of consent do we need?

If you use any logos, you must get written permission from the company.  For most of the small companies that should be easy to do.  For Intel, Novell and others you'll probably need to find a sponsor from that company to help you.  Stormy can probably help you out there.

4. What do I do about:
  - Immendio?
  - OpenedHand?
  - Sun?

since they got acquired - what logos to use?

Sun, you should use the Oracle logo I think.  There has been rebranding of a lot of Sun stuff to Oracle.  In the end it will be up to them anyways.

OpenHand is Intel, so you'll need to use the Intel logo.  Immendio is gone completely there is no logo to use.

5. info gnome org (is this email active)?

6. Any new apps for Gnome 3 that we should list:
   Currently we have: Tomboy, Deja Dup, Simple Scan

Kind of short..

Gnome 3 for Technical Users (folks we want to get)

Most of the stuff above.

Any other feedback you may have.

The brochure doesn't really talk about Gnome3 so I don't know how these questions relate to that brochure in that context.