Re: OSCON?

This is what I get for answering email while drinking wine:

Let me rephrase:

I have done the GNOME booth at OSCON for the first 3 years of OSCON, but I haven't done it after that because I find that the audience is very web/LAMP based.  The desktop is not really of interest for a lot of people.  The audience are more interested in applications that use cloud software, cloud software, databases, and system stuff and the like.  Plus I find the whole schmooze thing kind of tedious and while I'm a champion schmoozer I actually need material that people would actually find interest.

In the futuer, we want to target Open Source Bridge which is truly a good general purpose conference since it can tackle a lot of different topics.  It is a lot smaller unfortunately.  There is also Northwest Linuxfset I think in Seattle, but that is done already.  Linuxfest folks showed interest in having a track on GNOME but I was not able to find the time to set something up.

Back to OSCON, the only thing I have planned is an evening with local OSS folks with Stormy.  Although her time is somewhat limited I hope to have one short evening so that she can get to know the local fokls.  We have some local GNOME folks (or rather some ex GNOME folks) and a crap load of kernel developers and Mozilla folks.  We have a good time. :)  (ask the ubuntu folks!)  It might also be a good time to discuss strategy in marketing if we want to do that.  Are you local or an attendee?  If there is interest I can set up a BOF..  but a booth I think is a waste of time.
Thanks,
sri