Re: GNOME track at Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
> The Linux Foundation has offered to host a GNOME track at the
> Collaboration Summit. Is anyone interested in coordinating that?

I'm interested in attending, but what would the GNOME track be about? We
have found ourselves in competition in the agenda in previous years with
power management, desktop Linux, packaging, embedded linux and a number
of other sessions which attendees wanted to attend in addition to the
GNOME or GNOME Mobile track.

That's a lot of conflicts but they are willing to work with us.

So what would be on the agenda? Do we open a call for contributions &
organise presentations & brainstorming sessions?

I'd say we do a call for contributions and we recruit talks we'd like to see. I think it would be interesting to get talks from people/companies that use GNOME technologies in their products and the work or issues involved.

Stormy