Re: Accepting donations from mobile phones

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
Today I saw this article:
 http://www.frogloop.com/care2blog/2010/1/15/nonprofits-time-to-get-mobile.html

Which points to this nonprofit service that covers the fees and passes
on 100% of the donations: (no fees!)
http://www.mobilegiving.org/

From their FAQ and guidelines, it looks like GNOME more than qualifies.
Anyone willing to fill out their application and see if we can get GNOME
in the program?

Sounds great!

Perhaps one way to get more take-up would be to offer GNOME art for
phones (backgrounds, maybe some GNOME ringtones, just thinking out loud
here) and on download to the phone pointing people to this donation page
and asking for a $1 donation or something?

Just a thought - I have no idea what would be involved to get that set
up conveniently.

Cheers,
Dave.

--