Re: GNOME Marketing Team Meeting Today

Hi,

Paul Cutler wrote:
Dave - I sent out a Doodle link a week or two ago that had meeting times
ranging over a 12 hour period over two weeks for potential meeting
times.  Out of the people who responded to the Doodle link, this was the
time that worked best according to the survey.

I did see that, but didn't see (in the doodle) a timezone. I see you
followed up with a mail saying that these times were UTC-6 (presumably,
your timezone? ;))

I didn't reply because, to be honest, I am at this stage an opportunist
member of the team - when I have time, I pick a task (like loading
contacts into the CRM) and have at it for an hour or two. I didn't know
how much time I'd have this week, and I didn't want to become a blockage
against having the meeting at a time that suited almost everyone else.

Perhaps there are other opportunist attendees? People who don't feel
prominent enough to manifest themselves & vote for a time, but who might
attend the meeting if it were at a convenient time for them? I notice
that 4 of the 6 voters are based in the US - and Valessio & Andreas
apparently would have no trouble having the meeting at 3am local time
for him (suggesting perhaps timezone issues there too?).

In any case, I just wanted to point out what time it would be in my
timezone when the meeting is on - but since I didn't vote, you're
correct to say that I don't get much of a say. Might I suggest using UTC
as the reference timezone next time, though, please?

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary