Fwd: Educational Technology Day 2010 at Ithaca College

Ithaca College is having an Educational Technology Day. If someone from GNOME was interested in representing GNOME there with a booth, I'd be happy to approach them about getting a nonprofit discount on the vendor price ...

Stormy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Educational Technology Day 2010 at Ithaca College
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:01:16 +0000
From: Ed Tech Day at Ithaca College <edtechday ithaca edu>
To: karlie_robinson webpath net

EdTechDay10

Educational Technology Day 2010 at Ithaca College
Thursday, March 25th * 9am to 4pm * Free

www.ithaca.edu/edtechday

Please join us for our twentieth annual Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College on Thursday, March 25th from 9am to 4pm in our Campus Center.

Educational Technology Day is a regional technology event that attracts over 1,600 people annually from the upstate New York region. It features local and national vendors such as Adobe, Apple, Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Microsoft, SunGard SCT, and many others.

While one of the primary audiences for the event is the higher education community, the event is open to all, and there is plenty of information that is of interest to the K-12 and business communities. At the event you'll be able to talk directly with major computer and technology vendors, explore educational applications, be dazzled by computer graphics and state of the art audio-visual systems, learn how technology is being used today in and outside of higher education, and see what can be expected in the coming years.

This free event features a Vendor Technology Showcase, a College Showcase, and a series of seminars.

FREE PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION
Educational Technology Day is free, but we do ask that you register.  If you pre-register via our Web site by 5pm, Monday March 22nd and pick up your nametag in person at Ed Tech Day you'll be automatically entered in a special drawing for an Apple iPod.

You can register via our Web site at www.ithaca.edu/edtechday, or by sending your name, company, and address to edtechday ithaca edu.

VENDOR SHOWCASE
Running from 9am to 3pm, the Vendor Technology Showcase features major hardware and software vendors and local dealers demonstrating their latest technology with an emphasis on how today's technology can be used by faculty, staff, students and businesses.

Here are some of the vendors that were at the show last year (check our Web site for up-to-date information on this year's show): AdviStor, Inc., Apogee, Apple, Inc., AT&T, BJR Office Resources, Blackboard, Inc., Brocade, Brother International Corp., Camcor, Inc., Cavalry Companies, Communications Audio Visual, Dell, Inc., Dyntek, Empowerment by Design, Epson America, F. M. Valenti, Inc., Filemaker, Inc., Finger Lakes Technologies Group, Inc., First American Equipment Finance, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Integrated Systems, Iron Mountain Digital, Ithaca College Bookstore, Ithaca Free Software Association, Juniper Networks, Lenovo, Inc., Lynx Technologies, Inc., Maven Technologies, LLC., Microsoft, Mirapoint Software, Inc., New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Syracuse and Rochester, OfficeMax, OneVision Solutions, Oracle Corporation, Pave Systems, Inc., Presidium, Inc., Scantron Corporation, ServerWare Corporation, Sherpa Technologies, Sirius Computer Solutions, Staples Business Advantage, SunGard Higher Education, Systems Management/Planning, Inc., Tape Services, Inc., Tech Depot, Tequipment, Inc., The Computing Center, The Presentation Source, Inc., Troxell Communications, Verizon Wireless, Visual Technologies, WetStone Technologies, Inc., and others!

COLLEGE SHOWCASE
Running from 9am to 3pm, the College Showcase features faculty and staff demonstrating how they are making use of educational technology.

SEMINARS
From 9am to 4pm, vendors and others will be presenting seminars and demonstrations. New this year is a special “Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium” track which is presented in partnership with the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network. Visit our Web site for complete details.

In past years the topics included system and network security issues, virtualization, storage solutions, mobile computing, educational uses of technology, eClassroom setup, and many other IT related topics.  This year's schedule will be posted about two weeks prior to the event.

DISCUSS...IT SESSIONS
The Discuss...IT sessions provide an opportunity to chat with others who are interested in the same topic to share ideas, frustrations, and solutions.  The sessions will be facilitated by someone from Ithaca College who is familiar with the issue, but the content will come from you.  Topics in the past have included technology in K-12, collaboration tools, helpdesk, emergency notification systems, Vista, and others – if you have a suggestion for a topic for a Discuss..IT session this year, please drop us a note.

MORE INFORMATION
Complete show information, including on-line registration, is available on our Web site. We will continually update the Web site with information, seminars, vendors, and special programs as we get closer to the event.  The Ed Tech Day Web site is located at: www.ithaca.edu/edtechday

If you would like more information, or would like to participate in the Vendor Showcase area, please e-mail us at: edtechday ithaca edu or contact us directly at Information Technology Services, Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850-7000. (607) 274-1000.  We hope to see you at the show!

   Information Technology Services . Ithaca College . 953 Danby Road . Ithaca, NY 14850
607-274-1000 . www.ithaca.edu/edtechday