Re: Colors and meanings

 On 02/17/2010 08:19 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:
  This might be interesting for some people... I've been taking a look
into the Friends of GNOME campaign and I found some artwork in green
background plus white text.

   There is a meaning associated with this at low level psychology, the
perception that people have from the colors (this is based from a
western civilization point of view, as this can be different in
different cultural regions).

  >  Green: Translates into growth, nature and money.

  >  White: White is often associated with purity, safety.
Yup!
When Kalle and I first designed the website we wanted very much to play on nature and organic software and such things. This also ties into our use of nature motives in the desktop backgrounds and the annual reports. I think we used white because it looked good together with green and because it was used in other gnome websites a lot.
- Andreas