Re: Fwd: Fundraising / Donations

 Sounds good. They run Red Hat based server with Apache. Good stuff
(attach).

 Best of luck,
 NM

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 15:40 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
We got this offer today.

I did a bit of research and XIPWIRE seem to be a startup that just
launched so there's not a lot of history to check out. They have
gotten a lot of good press from the local Philadelphia news[1].

The difference between this and the donation texts that most people
are familiar with is that you have to login to the XIPWIRE website at
least once to set up your account and connect it to a bank account or
credit card. It doesn't pull from your cell phone bill.

So regardless of what we do here, I think we should continue to pursue
the other text options we have.

Thoughts? Should we help market this? We'd be asking for GNOME
donations and we'd also be encouraging people to set up XIPWIRE
accounts.

Stormy

P.S. I removed Sharif's signature contact info as I'm forwarding to a
public list.

[1]
http://technicallyphilly.com/2010/01/06/shop-talk-xipwire-mobile-payment-platform-lets-you-text-cash