Re: Issue 19 Planning

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 15:00 -0600, Paul Cutler wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who worked on getting GNOME Journal Issue 18 out the
door -  now it's time to plan the next issue!  I'm copying the marketing
list too as we're always looking for new writers or new article ideas.

I've updated our main wiki page[1] to reflect an aggressive publication
schedule for 2010.  One of my personal goals is for GJ to continue to
publish on a regular schedule with lots of coverage of GNOME 3.0 this
year.

Sumana and others have put some work in to our Article Wishlist page[2]
over the last few months - is there anyone out there that wants to try
their hand at writing an article?  Or if you have ideas for articles,
please add them.

For Issue 19, we have Jono Bacon writing an article on opportunistic
programming and I've followed up with Stormy on a potential interview
with an Advisory Board member.

Any one else want to try and write an article?  (Maybe a Behind the
Scenes interview with Seif about Zeitegeist?) Submissions would be due
approximately March 10th for an April 1st publication date[3].

Thanks!

Paul

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal
[2] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleWishlist
[3] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleSubmissionQueue

Just to add a couple more thoughts to to anyone who may be interested in
writing an article:

My goal is to have 3-6 articles per issue, including a developer type
article, an interview and / or Behind the Scenes, an application review,
and a GNOME or GNOME 3.0 related article.

If any of those interest you, let the GJ team know!  We're also open to
helping new authors or collaborating too.

Thanks!

Paul