Re: GSM

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Am Montag, den 02.08.2010, 12:26 -0500 schrieb Nathan Willis:
> I was wondering if someone could tell me what the latest is with the
> GNOME Software Map....

Can you please elaborate on the term "Software map"?

The project used to maintain a list of Gnome software back in the day, but it fell into dis-use and Eugenia's http://gnome-files.org/ kind of became the new software map.  There was at one point some work afoot to either make gnome-files an official software map or someone was going to make another website to replace.  It possibly might have been some work rolled into the new Gnome website.  (is that done yet?)

There is also a list at projects.gnome.org -- what is the status of that one?

The footer says it is maintained by Christian Schaller, but that could obviously be out-of-date, too.  Certainly, I think, the link at the top of that page to the now-absent software map could stand to be removed.

Thanks,
Nate
--
nathan.p.willis