Re: Friends of GNOME September data

All,

some really interesting ideas on this site (and the cause is great too,
feel free to donate):
http://www.maasaimarathon.com/

The sponsoring idea is neat
http://www.maasaimarathon.com/content/sponsor/
and the pages are generally well put together.

If we could come up with a similar goal, I would love to see the
Foundation do something similar.

Create a Team, have the individuals in the team help write bios and
create small videos...

Maybe running a marathon is a bit outside the scope of what our people
can do but maybe we could apply this idea on a hackfest basis for
example or for Guadec.

After looking at the Friends of GNOME monthly setup, I started looking
around for potential another online donation management service.
Amazon's Simple Pay Donations service (one-time) is great. The Amazon
Flexible Payments Service (Amazon FPS) while still not perfect, a bit
expensive, seems more flexible than Paypal though.

To summarize:
 a) If we (more clever than me) come up with a Team + members concept
for GNOME, I will be happy to help put the pages together. Ideas?
 b) Should we consider offering Amazon as a payment service for Friends
of GNOME (side by side or replace Paypal)?

Best regards,
-Guy